Job Title: HR & Payroll Consultant
Job Category: Year Round
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/ Hourly
Position Type: Part time or Full time
Pay Range: $19 - $22/ hour, DOE
Schedule: Must be available to work with Clients in Big Sky, MT; otherwise, sets own schedule based on workload
This position is responsible for assisting the TogetHR Owner with the companies Clients’ for basic human relations; such as, recruiting, employee orientations, processing paperwork/ setting up employee files, employment law and other compliance, creating & updating employee handbooks, benefits & compensation plans, safety & health handbooks/ plans, and possibly payroll processing services.
Your days will vary from individuals you'll work with and projects/ tasks at hand. All days are full of unexpected turns and learning to prioritize the changing needs of Clients' ... it's exciting and why we LOVE working with people, our Clients' and the TogetHR team.
A qualified candidate must be able to work independently and within a team dynamic, depending on the project/task assigned, plus be set-up to work from our Big Sky office a minimum of 2 days/ week and remotely from a home office. Must be a self-starter, approachable/ friendly, easy for clients to interact with, listens, detail-oriented, and clearly communicate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must perform these essential duties satisfactorily):
- Assist with recruiting for Clients
- Assists the Owner with Client’s projects as it relates to Payroll and/ or Human Resources, such as:
- Creating various templates/ documents
- Creating employee handbooks, policies, or procedures
- Creating job descriptions
- Processing weekly, bi-weekly or monthly payrolls and their associated benefits & payroll taxes
- Communicating necessary information to Owner and/ or Clients
- Supports, maintains and upholds the company’s policies and personnel procedures;
- May participate in the organizations professional development trainings;
- Maintains professional continuing education training, if required for certification(s);
- Works independently and within a team as required by the specifics of each project;
- Openly communicates issues with Owner and may involve Client when necessary;
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Experience and Education Requirements
- Minimum of a high school education; higher education preferred (associates degree or Bachelor’s)
- Three to five years’ experience in the Human Resources, Payroll or Accounting field preferred
- Prior knowledge of Human Resources principles and practices and MT Employment law
- SHRM or HRCI certification preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and computer literacy
- Combination of education and experience may be considered